- CraigsList.com – Choose the location nearest to you & post under “pets” section
- Facebook.com – Post lost dog info to social media platforms specific to your area.
- GraniteStateDogRecovery.com – *New Hampshire base
- HomeAgain.com – Primarily a microchip registry, but you can register a lost pet even if it isn’t microchipped, and you can search their database.
- LostDogsIllinois.org – * Great site full of information.
- LostDogsofAmerica.org – Useful tips and information. Partners with HelpingLostPets.com & PetFBI.org – you only need to list in one place
- LostFoundPets.us * Useful tips & information (based in Alabama)
- MissingDogsMass.com – * Massachusetts & Rhode Island
- PetFBI.org – Partners with HelpingLostPets.com & LostDogsofAmerica.org
- MassAnimalCoalition.org – MA based group – great informational site
- PetFinder.com – Easily locate shelters & rescues in specific areas
www.petmicrochiplookup.org/ American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
Internet-based application (NOT a registry) that helps identify which registries should be contacted when a found pet is scanned and a microchip number is identified.
This is an alphabetical sampling of registry databases. It is NOT a complete list.
- www.Akcreunite.org AKC-CAR brand microchip by Trovan
- www.Avidid.com AVID
- www.FreePetChipRegistry.com 911PetChip
- www.Homeagain.com Home Again by Schering-Plough – most universal frequency 134.kHZ
- www.Petidco.com AVID Canada
These links may help you trace a tattoo on a found dog.
Find more information on the web using specific search keywords.
American Kennel Club Reunite PH 1-800-252-7894
www.akcreunite.org This website covers more than just tattoo information.
An AKC tattoo normally has two letters, then 6 digits, and a two-digit trailer.
Newer tattoos have 8 digits. e.g., HM 010101-01 or HM 010101/01 or HM 01010101.
National Dog Registry (NDR) New York PH 1-800-637-3647 (1-800-NDR-DOGS)